- Fletcher: And this color, red, it doesn’t make much sense to me.
- Low: What would be better?
- Fletcher: Blue makes more sense… Space is blue.
- Low: No Dr. Fletcher, Space is black!
- muttley: I remember ages ago I tried to get someone to buy an island with all of Google's money and establish a new country
- muttley: Except Google Island would be oddly boring and no-one would socialise - except for the civil servants who would have obviously fake "fun" during mandatory periods in the very prominent yet empty common areas
- muttley: Facebook Island would be chaotic and everyone would be out partying so much they wouldn't realise that the civil servants were rummaging through their stuff selling it to third parties
- muttley: Everyone on Apple Island would be very good looking and most stuff would just work perfectly. Except if you ever tried to step off the path you'd be tasered. And fat people would mysteriously disappear.
- hitherto: muttley: on Twitter Island all conversations would be mercifully short, but everyone would be yammering on about so much stuff you'd have no real idea of what was going on...
- hitherto: The other problem with Facebook Island: there'd be a very inviting-looking landing dock for you to reach the island, but a 30% chance that it's actually mined and will blow you to smithereens when you try to land.
- Borman: Oh my God! Look at that picture over there! Here's the Earth coming up. Wow, is that pretty.
- Anders: Hey, don't take that, it's not scheduled.
- Borman: (laughing) You got a color film, Jim?
- Anders: Hand me that roll of color quick, will you...
- (Richard Danne quotes NASA’s Administrator, Dr. James Fletcher, and Deputy Administrator, Dr. George Low, having the following exchange)
- Fletcher: I’m simply not comfortable with those letters, something is missing.
- Low: Well, yes, the cross stroke is gone from the letter A.
- Fletcher: Yes, and that bothers me.
- Low: Why?
- Fletcher: (long pause) I just don’t feel we are getting our money’s worth!
- jerakeen: I was all thrilled when straup faved my flickr shapefile pictures
- jerakeen: now I see he's just faving around anything with a map, the dirty slag.
- blech: so quotable.
- Tom: I assume I'll also have to download this gig of iPhoto again.
- Paul: How much is iPhoto standalone?
- Tom: 9 quid.
- Paul: Bargain.
- Tom: It's hung in the background and has pegged my CPU. That's how I know it's iPhoto.
- The Doctor: It won't play for me.
- Amy Pond: It played for me.
- The Doctor: The difference being, the computer doesn't accept me as human.
- Amy Pond: Why not?
- The Doctor: ...
- Amy Pond: Well, you look human.
- The Doctor: No! You look Time Lord. We came first.
- blech: http://husk.org/misc/2lmc/tumblr-dashboard-radar-joke.png # annoyingly, this is the first time I've actually wanted to click through and it doesn't work
- tominsam: http://www.tumblr.com/images/april/radar3.png
- blech: http://www.tumblr.com/images/april/radar5.png
- tominsam: http://www.tumblr.com/images/april/radar6.png # errrrrr (though url hacking)
- blech: tominsam: M*A*S*H
- tominsam: oh, right.
- blech: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_O'Reilly
- namer: [ Radar O'Reilly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ]
- tominsam: wait wait wait.
- blech: I bet you never realised that blog's URL was a pun, did you?
- tominsam: headdesk
- blech: \o/
- blech: thinks there needs to be a new term for drinking cups of tea back to back. "Chaindrinking" doesn't have the right ring to it.
- antimega: @blech teapotting